Generally, Burrito is a Mexican dish made with flour tortillas, but here it is time to get creative and make a sushi burrito with a nori sheet, I personally like the nori sheet as it gives a lovely seafood flavor. The best part about this recipe is you can use any filling of your choice 🙂
Calories – 180c
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 5 minutes
Nori Sheet (I have used 2)
Any filling of your choice (I have made a simple canned tuna salad with mayo, chili flakes, and pepper)
- Cut long thin strips of cucumber, bell pepper, and halloumi cheese. Soak them in vinegar for about 15mins.
- Place the Nori sheet on a flat surface, preferably a cutting board.
(make sure that the shiny part is touching the board and the rough side is facing you)
- Spread the tuna salad (or your choice of filling).
Now place the cucumber strips, bell pepper and salad leaves, I have used some red cabbage and edamame as I had some leftovers.
- Roll the nori sheet and stick the end part using few drops of water, as soon as the nori sheet gets in contact with water it becomes sticky and holds the roll together.
- Cut the sheet into half and enjoy with your favorite sauce.
Please do let me know in the comments section if you like this dish.