A prawn cocktail, also known as shrimp cocktail, is a seafood dish consisting of cooked prawns in a Marie Rose sauce or cocktail sauce, served in a glass. This tempting glass of prawn cocktail is a delish and a wonderful idea as a starter or quick bites 🙂
Calories – 150c
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 2 minutes
Handful Prawns (depending on the size of the prawns and how many you want in each glass)
Celery Stick (optional)
Lemon Wedges for garnish
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, and chili flakes)
- Cook the prawns for about 3-4 minutes in salt and pepper (you can steam cook or stir fry).
- Let the prawns cool down. Meanwhile make the cocktail sauce.
- Cocktail sauce – Simply mix together some ketchup, mayonnaise, and chili flakes.
- Now starts the fun part, that is filling the cocktail glass 🙂 Add salad leaves and a couple of cherry tomatoes (cut into half) to the bottom of the glass.
- Pour cocktail sauce using a spoon (just about enough to stay on the salad).
- Add the prawns on the sauce (as shown in the pic) Garnish with some dill herb or what ever herb you have handy in the kitchen.
- Place a lemon wedge and celery stick on the side as shown in the picture.
In less than 10 minutes you have this beautiful and an easy prawn cocktail ready.
Cook to impress 🙂