Hawaiian Chicken is the most flavorful chicken you will ever make! It’s an easy and healthy recipe the whole family will love. Pineapple is one of the most liked and staple fruit of the Hawaii region. The blend of spices from paprika, garlic, and mustard with the natural sweetness of pineapple makes this dish mouthwatering and full of flavors. I will share with you an easy grill recipe for this dish made with very little effort and provides a substantial meal.
Calories – 280c per serving
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
Serves – 2
300gms Chicken Breast (cut into half)
200gms Pineapple (canned or fresh slices, 3 pieces per serving)
Handful Pak Choy or Bak Choi
100gms Sweet Potato (round slices or cubes)
1 Garlic Bulb
Seasoning (lemon juice, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, garlic powder, hot sauce, mustard sauce, and any dry herb)
Sauce (Olive oil + Greek yogurt + Chili flakes + chopped Cilantro/Coriander)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with oil, pinch of salt, 1tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsp garlic powder, 1/2tbsp chili flakes, 1/2tbsp black pepper, 1tbsp mustard sauce, and your choice of dry herb (I have used parsley) for about 30 minutes.
- Pre Heat the oven/grill for 10 minutes on 200C. In a Baking tray place parchment paper or foil paper and grease it with butter or oil. Grill the chicken and sweet potato first for about 7 minutes.
- In a bowl add some hot sauce and black pepper, put the pineapple slices/pieces in it and massage well.
- Remove the tray from the oven and flip the chicken pieces and the sweet potato. Add the spiced Pineapple to the tray, add Pak Choy, and Garlic Bulb (cut the head with a knife and place the entire bulb with skin)
- Sprinkle black pepper and spray a little oil on all the items and place in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Once ready plate them together as shown in the picture and serve with the yogurt sauce and any sides of your choice or just on its own. Enjoy this sweet and spicy chicken recipe. let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.