Spring Rolls are not only common and easy to make but there are so versatile. From garden spring rolls to meat ones, it’s always one of the easiest finger food to make. If you are concerned about the calories by deep-frying, I must tell you the good news, I have baked them and they were as crispy and scrumptious as the deep-fried ones. I have added a variety on the breakfast table with these spring rolls. I have added seasoned scrambled eggs as stuffing. You can make as many as you want and store them in the refrigerator for about a week.
Calories – 50c per Roll
Prep time – 10 mins
Cook time – 30 mins if baking 10 mins if deep-frying
Serves – 4
8 Spring Roll Sheets
3 Green/Red Chilies
1 Tbsp. Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
Handful Chopped Coriander/Cilantro
Seasoning (salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and ketchup)
Garnish (black sesame seeds, optional)
- Thaw the sheets (add 2 together if the sheets are too thin)
- In a saucepan sautee chopped onion, green/red chilies, and ginger-garlic paste until soft and fragrant. Add chopped tomato, lemon juice, salt to taste, 1 Tbsp. black pepper powder, 1 Tsp. red chili powder, 1 Tsp. turmeric powder,1 Tbsp. cumin powder, 1 Tbsp. ketchup, stir well, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Crack open the eggs in the above sauce and beat them all well until incorporated with the spices and scrambled well. Add chopped coriander/ cilantro. Remove from heat as soon as the eggs are cooked.
- Arrange a baking tray with parchment paper and brush the inside of spring roll sheets with butter. Add the seasoned scrambled egg stuffing (depending on the size of the sheet) roll them and secure well with a dash of water to the end side.
- Brush the spring rolls just before baking with egg+milk mixture and sprinkle some black sesame seeds. Bake for about 30 minutes at 190C or you can deep fry them directly without any brushing of egg+milk.
Serve with your favorite sauce or salad. Breakfast on the go is ready with this easy recipe. Let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.