Savory pancake is a very creative and quick way to make breakfast or snack table more vibrant and out of the box 🙂 I have made mild flavor spinach pancakes with zesty tomato-onion salsa and the rich creaminess of a yogurt dollop. It took me less than 10-15mins to make this entire dish.
Calories – 50c per pancake
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Handful Spinach (baby spinach leaves preferably)
3 tbsp. All-purpose Wheat Flour (you can use white all-purpose flour too)
6 tbsp. Milk
1tsp. Baking powder
Dash of oil
Seasoning (salt and pepper)
Salsa: Fine chopped onion and tomato, lemon juice, chili flakes, cilantro/coriander, and pepper. Give it a good mix
- Mix spinach leaves, flour, salt, pepper and baking powder well (dry mixture)
- Whisk Egg, milk and oil (wet mixture)
- Add the dry and wet mixture to the blender and blend it until you get a batter consistency for pancake (you can always adjust the consistency by adding more milk or flour its too thick or thin)
- Add few drops of oil to a hot pan and pour small amount of batter and cook in batches (flip the pancakes when you see the bubbles formed up)
- Serve with tomato-onion salsa and a dollop of yogurt as shown in the picture. Garnish with white sesame seeds.
This is a handy and easy breakfast idea for kids especially, as the green color of the pancakes makes it really edible.
I will be happy to hear from you, if you have tried this in the comments section or visa contact me 🙂
Leave a Reply