Fish paired with lentils means a rich protein meal. I like to pair fish with lentils as it helps me cut down rice intake and makes a substantial meal with an earthy-nutty flavor from lentil sprouts. It took me just about 15 mins to prepare this dish in one pan only 🙂. It is one of the must-try if you are looking to avoid carbs.
Calories – 200c
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Serves – 2
1 packet Lentil Sprouts (soaked overnight or at least for 2 hours)
Any Fish of your choice (I have used Basa)
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, chili flakes, chopped garlic, lemon juice, cilantro/coriander)
Basil Leaves (optional)
- Marinate the fish with salt and black pepper. Meanwhile cook the sprout lentils – Add onion to a pan with hot oil, cook until soft and brown. Add garlic and tomato.
- Add salt, black pepper, chili flakes and give it a good stir. let it cook until it becomes a mushy paste.
- Add sprouts and stir well. Add half a cup of water and let it cook on low simmer.
Keep checking if the sprout lentils are cooked. It should be soft but slightly crunchy (you can add more water to cook for more time if it is still very hard)
- Once the sprouts are ready add some lemon juice and chopped cilantro/coriander and mix well.
In the same pan place fish piece/pieces on top of the lentils.
- Drizzle few drops of water over the lentils (for a little steam)
- Close the lid and let it cook on low simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the fish is cooked (make sure that the excess water is dried out from the sprouts before serving)
- Serve lentil sprouts in a plate, put a piece of fish on top. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and sesame seeds.
This helps you avoid the mess in the kitchen and only one pan to cook a hearty meal. Please do let me know if you did like this dish in the comments section or via contact me.