A warm bowl of mushroom soup with an earthy taste in minutes and very little effort will never make you buy canned or ready mushroom soup from the stores. I have made a very speedy and easy cream of mushrooms. I see a lot of people add wine to their mushroom soup, however, this recipe is without alcohol intake 🙂 The mushrooms do look a lot when they are cut. However, when it is cooked they are reduced due to water reduction. So be generous with the mushrooms for this cream soup 🙂
Calories – 220c per bowl
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
2 tbsp. Butter and 1 tbsp. Oil
600-700gms Brown Mushrooms (white or mix will be fine as well)
handful Thyme and Parsley or Coriander herbs (dry will do as well)
4-5 Garlic Cloves
Cooking Cream (I prefer full fat)
2 tbsp. Flour (any will do)
Stock Cube (chicken or beef or veg)
Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Heat butter and oil together in a sauce pan. Add diced onions and cook until soft and brown, add garlic and cook until fragrant and soft.
- Add chopped mushrooms and 1 tbsp. thyme and cook for 3-4 minutes
Sprinkle 2 tbsp flour and give it a good stir and cook for another minute (this is to remove the floury smell)
- Now add in stock cube prepared with warm water (1 to 2 cups, depending on how much mushrooms you have used) cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lots of black pepper and fresh cream half and half and keep stirring. Cook on low simmer for another 5 minutes
(you add corn flour if you would like a thick texture)
- Adjust or add salt in the end according to your taste, as the stock is already salty.
- Garnish with parsley and some more thyme.
You can serve this with any bread or without one will be just as fine. Enjoy this comforting and easy cream of mushroom in no time with your loved ones. Please do let me know in the comments section if you like this easy recipe or get in touch via contact me to share more ideas 🙂