A wholesome and deliciously blended meal of Lettuce and Chicken Fajita is a must-try. This recipe is one of the quickest to make and needs few ingredients. A great way to avoid bread but still enjoy your favorite filling 🙂 You can be more creative and fill these lettuce boats with your choice of meat and/or vegetables. I have made a chicken fajita here. You are not limited to just this 🙂
Calories – 200c per boat
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
Serves – 2
Lettuce (you can use any kind as long as it holds the filling, I have used Romanian Lettuce)
300gms piece of Chicken Breast (preferably cut into long strips)
1 Bell Pepper (any color)
Seasoning (salt, pepper, chili flakes, garlic, lemon juice, and cilantro/coriander)
- Cook the chopped onion in a hot pan with a few drops of oil, once they are soft and brown add garlic and cook untik fragrant and soft
- Add chopped tomato, peas and bell pepper.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, chili flakes and cook for about 2 mins (you can add 1tsp. of ketchup/chili for that pungent taste)
- Add chicken pieces and a dash of lemon juice and cook for 7 mins or until the chicken is cooked (add a splash of water if needed to cook the chicken). Garnish with lots of cilantro/coriander once it is cooked.
- Meanwhile get the lettuce boats ready by washing and drying the water from the leaves by using a tissue or a cloth.
- Let the fajita cool down a little and add them in the lettuce boats (you can use two lettuce leaves for that extra support)
I am sure you will really enjoy this lettuce boat and look forward to make it with a variety of fillings 🙂 Please do let know know in the comments section if you like this recipe or share more ideas with me via contact me.
Leave a Reply