Any pulled meat method is a little time-consuming as the meat is slow-cooked for a long time to get the tender and juicy strands of the chunk. However, I will share a quick and easy method if you want to make it fast. You can use a pressure cooker for cooking your meat with up to 10 whistles and then cooking in a sauce mixture. I will explain the entire recipe below. You will definitely need some BBQ sauce for this recipe and some basic spices.
Calories – 100c per boat
Prep time – 25 mins (10 mins for marination and 15 mins for the meat to cook)
Cook time – 10 mins
250gm Beef (especially Chuck Roast part, if available)
Lettuce (any of your choice)
2 Garlic cloves
1 cup Beef Broth (we will use the broth left over from the pressure cooker)
2 Green or Red Chilies
3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Seasoning (salt, black pepper powder, paprika, lemon juice, and cumin powder)
Garnish (spring onion)
- Cut medium size pieces of beef and marinate with 1Tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1Tsp black pepper powder, 1/2Tsp turmeric powder, 1Tsp paprika, 1Tsp salt, and 1Tbsp lemon juice. Marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Add some oil to a pressure cooker and add the marinated beef. Roast for about 2-3 minutes. Add 5 cups of water and close the pressure cooker on medium flame. Cook for about 8-9 whistles or at least 20 minutes, make sure the meat is super soft and tender and should fall apart.
- Remove the beef with a strainer and keep 1 cup of broth for the sauce. Once the meat has cooled down, shred the meat.
- Now, add some oil to a pan, add chopped garlic, chopped onion, and chopped chilies, and cook for a minute. Add chopped tomato, and cook until mushy.
- Add 3Tbsp BBQ sauce, 1Tbsp black pepper powder, 1Tbsp paprika, and 1Tsp cumin. Mix all well. Add the cooked beef and 1/2 cup beef broth (the broth left over from the pressure cooker) and cook for about 5 minutes or until you get a mushy texture of the dish.
Garnish with some spring onions and fill in your favorite lettuce or tacos. This dish is super healthy and is ready in no time compared to the traditional slow-cooked one. Let me know if you like this Lettuce boat recipe idea.