Toast is one of the easiest food items to make. When you are in a hurry this prawn toast is a great idea to bring carbs, healthy fats, proteins, and other nutrients in one plate and it takes less than 7 mins 🙂
Calories – 180c per toast
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 5 minutes
Serves – 2
2 Rye or Bran or Multigrain Bread
150gm Prawns depending on the bread size and quantity (around 4 prawns pieces for a large Rye bread slice)
2 Cheese slices (I have used Gouda, but you can use any)
Handful Basil leaves (optional)
Seasoning (salt, pepper, chili flakes, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and coriander/cilantro)
- Heat oil and add a few chopped onions let it soften and changes the color, add chopped garlic and chopped tomato.
- Add salt, pepper, and chili flakes, cook until the mixture is fragrant (just a minute)
- Add the prawns and cook for about 3 mins. Add some lemon juice and cilantro/coriander for that extra zesty flavor.
- Meanwhile toast the bread as per your preference. once the toast is ready place a slice of cheese and put some cooked prawns on it.
- Add some fresh basil leaves on the top.
- Garnish with some seeds (pumpkin or flax or sesame, optional)
You can plate this toast as you like, and have it with your choice of sauce or just as it is. If there is anything more you would like to add which will enhance the taste please go ahead and let me know too in the comments section 🙂