A simple and flavorful side dish. It is crunchy and meaty with a perfect blend of sauces, spices, and herbs, that you will always find in your kitchen. A variety to your meals with this dish. You can also add this to your bento boxes for rushed mornings. It serves best as a side or with a salad of your choice. I am excited to share this recipe with you 🙂
Calories – 130c
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 7 minutes
Serves – 2
100gms Bacon strips
3 Garlic Cloves and 1 small piece of Ginger
Small piece of Lemon Grass (optional)
1 Green Chili
1 Red Chili
2tbsp Soy sauce
1tbsp Fish sauce
1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 strings Spring Onions
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, chili flakes and, any dry herb)
Garnish (basil leaves and black sesame seeds)
- Cut the soft green leafy part of the cabbage length wise and soak in room temp water with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a wok or a pan, add the drained cabbage leaves to the oil and cook for 2 minutes or until soft and crunchy.
- Remove the cabbage on the side and in the same wok add 2tbsp oil, add bacon strips, cook for a minute or until golden brown.
- Add chopped green and red chili, chopped spring onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, lemon grass and mix well. Cook until all golden brown. Add the cabbage, add soy sauce, fish sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, black pepper, dry herb and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and black sesame seeds.
Enjoy this lovely and aromatic stir-fry anytime with very little effort. Let me know if you like the recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.