Thai cuisine has always been my favorite. The flavors are so well balanced with the Thai cooking style. I have made this delicious and comforting thai green soup with chicken momos. Momos are a little tedious to make at times, I do agree. But you can always make a few for the soup and keep some for a snack later. You can replace momo with any meat you like and add your choice of vegetable. I kept it simple by just adding Sugar-snap peas.
Calories – 300c
Prep time – 30 minutes (for the momos)
Cook time – 10 minutes.
Serves – 2
180gms All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Water
150gm Chicken (mince, for the momo)
1 small Onion
2 Green Chilies
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, and coriander)
1tbsp Thai Green Curry paste
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 Green Chili
Handful Sugar-snap Peas
1 Garlic Clove
2 Lime Leaves and a small piece of Lemon Grass
1tbsp Fish Sauce (optional)
Seasoning (salt, sugar black pepper, red chili flakes)
Garnish (spring onions, coriander/cilantro, and basil leaves)
- Momos: Make a momo dough by mixing all-purpose flour, salt, and water and knead well. Let it rest for 15minutes. Meanwhile, make the chicken stuffing by sauteing oil, chopped garlic, chopped onion, chicken mince, salt, black pepper, chopped green chilies, and chopped coriander. Mix well and cook for 7 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of resting the momo dough, knead for 30 seconds and make small round dough sheets. Fill a tbsp of chicken mince and wrap up the momos the best way possible you can. Steam in a steamer for about 20 minutes.
Make around 5 to 6 momos.
- Soup: Heat a few drops of oil, add chopped garlic clove, 1 tbsp green Thai curry paste, 1tsp sugar, 1tbsp fish sauce, lime leaves, lemongrass, salt,1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 chopped red chilies, and sugar-snap peas and mix well. Add 1 cup water and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup coconut milk, mix well, and cook for 3 minutes. Add momos and turn off the gas.
- Just before serving Garnish with chopped cilantro, basil leaves, and spring onion.
Enjoy this mild Thai green curry momo soup with a piece of sourdough. Remember you can add any veggies you like. Let me know in the comment section of you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.
Leave a Reply