Poke bowl makes a good substantial meal for the day. I like making one as it helps me finish off a lot of vegetables I have left in my fridge. A traditional poke bowl is made of raw salmon. However, I have made a fusion of tandoori salmon here as I have already posted a raw salmon poke bowl recipe before on my website. I am excited to share with you an easy tandoori salmon recipe that you can add with sushi rice or normal rice along with some greens, vegetables, and lentils and create your own poke bowl.
Calories – 300c
Prep time – 20 mins
Cook time – 10 mins
Serves – 2
200gms Salmon Pieces or Fillets
2 cups Shushi Rice or normal Rice
Handful Frozen Spinach
70gms Sprout Lentils (soaked for at least 1 hour, optional)
1 Green Chili
1 Bell Pepper
1tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Seasoning (salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, lemon juice, and garam masala)
Garnish (spring onions, coriander/cilantro, and white sesame seeds)
- Sushi Rice/Rice: Cook rice according to the instructions on the packet with a pinch of salt.
- Sprout Lentils: Boil lentils in 1 and a half cups of water until cooked and crunchy. Once cooked, drain the lentils and saute them in few drops of oil with 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green chili, a pinch of salt, black pepper powder, and 1tbsp lemon juice and a few chopped coriander.
- Spinach: Microwave the thawed spinach for about 1 minute and drain excess water. Add a pinch of salt and back pepper powder.
- Tandoori Salmon: Marinate the salmon in 3tbsp yogurt, chopped coriander leaves, 1tbsp red chili powder, 1tbsp garam masala, 1tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1tbsp lemon juice a pinch of salt, and black pepper for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you can either grill it in any suitable equipment you have or with a few drops of oil in a saucepan for about a total of 7 minutes cooking on both sides.
- Arrange the poke bowl starting with rice first. Now fill the top portion of rice with some juliennes of bell pepper, carrot, and cucumber. Followed by spinach, lentils, and the tandoori salmon. garnish with some chopped spring onions and white sesame seeds.
You can add any sauce if you like or a salad. Enjoy this easy and delicious bowl in no time. Let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.