I am aware that Indo-Chinese cooking is one of the easy and fun ways to have a flavorful meal. I am happy to share with you some quick tips in this recipe which is going to make this dish easy and authentic that you would want to make it again and again. The only ingredient I would suggest you buy is a store-bought ready Schezwan Sauce as it will cut down on 80 percent of your work. The rest of the ingredients are easily available in your kitchen at all times. I bought some wheat noodles and so tried this recipe with it. However, you can use white noodles too.
Calories – 350c
Prep Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 10 mins
Serves – 2
250gms Wheat Noodles
250gms Prawns (or any meat you like)
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Green or Red Chilies
1 Bell Pepper
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce (optional)
1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp Black Pepper powder
1 Teaspoon Lime/ Lemon juice
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
1 teaspoon Honey or Sugar (optional)
4 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce
1 Tbsp Cornflour (mixed with 1/2 cup water)
Handful Spring Onions
Garnish (white sesame seeds)
- Egg Wheat Noodles: Boil water with a pinch of salt and cook the noodles as per instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain the water and keep it aside with a splash of oil (so the noodles don’t stick)
- In a saucepan heat a few drops of oil, add 1 sliced onion and chopped garlic cloves, saute until fragrant and soft.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl and add them to the saucepan. Scramble the eggs well with the onion and garlic.
Add the drained noodles to the saucepan.
- Add 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce, 1 Tbsp Hot sauce, 1 Teaspoon Black pepper, 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes, 1 teaspoon Lime Juice, 1 Teaspoon Sugar (optional), and Salt to taste.
- Give it a good stir and cook for about 1 minute.
Garnish with Spring Onions.
- Schezwan Prawn: In a saucepan heat a few drops of oil and add 1 chopped onion (medium size peices) and 1 bell pepper (medium size peices). Cook until soft.
- Add 4 Tbsp Schezwan sauce, 1/2 Tbsp black pepper powder, and 1/2 cup water, mix well.
Add prawns to the schezwan mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixed water (1/2 cup) for a thick sauce-like consistency and cook for about 15 seconds stirring it well.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds.
A quick and delicious Indo-Chinese meal is ready in no time for guests or your family. Let me know if you have tried this easy recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.