Tuna is also called as a tunny, it is a saltwater fish that belongs to the tribe Thunnini. Among the seafood range, tuna is weight-loss friendly. It is not only fast to cook but it also provides a substantial meal during any time of the day. Tuna steak is best paired with black bean salad, which I would love to share with you all.
Calories – 260c
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Serves – 1
100gms Tuna Steak
Black Beans (Canned or you can cook at home, I have used canned)
Salad Dressing (Balsamic and/or Tahini)
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, and lemon juice)
Garnish (white or black sesame seeds)
- Marinate tuna steak with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook the steak, shallow fry for about 6-7mins or until cooked.
- Meanwhile get the salad ready (remember, you are not limited to the black beans salad only, however the dish comes out well when made with one)
- Mix salad leaves, 3-4tbsp back beans (drained), handful peanuts and dried cranberries with balsamic vinegar and/or tahini just before serving.
- Garnish the steak with lots of white or black sesame seeds.
Make low-calorie food exciting and tasty with this dish. Use whatever you have in the kitchen for the salad. Do let me know in the comments section if you like this recipe or share ideas and tips with me via contact me on the homepage 🙂