What Does Worcestershire Sauce Taste Like? Worcestershire Sauce has a powerful umami flavor, which comes from anchovies or soy sauce. It’s sour from tamarind and vinegar, sweet from molasses and sugar, and spicy. Imagine a combination of all these flavors with a piece of meat. It is fabulous and a must-try. To enhance the dish I have accompanied it with fresh mango and sprouts salad. What a fresh, delicious, and super easy recipe.
Calories – 300c
Prep time – 30 mins (marination)
Cook time – 15 mins
Serves – 2
1 Tbsp Oil
4 pieces of Lamb Chops
1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 Tsp Back Pepper Powder
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Rosemary Herb (dry or fresh)
2 Small Onion (1 to grill and one for the salad)
1 Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp Honey
Seasoning (Salt, Hot sauce, Red Chili Flakes, and Lemon Juice)
Garnish (chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves)
- Lamb Chops: Marinate the lamb with 1 Tbsp Oil, 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 Tsp black pepper powder, a pinch of salt, 3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce, and 2 Tbsp rosemary herb for about 30 mins.
- In a saucepan heat 2 Tbsp butter and cook the marinated lamb for 7 mins on each side and 1 min on the soft muscle side.
- Add 1 onion cut in half to the same pan with the lamb on the side and cook for it to become soft and caramelized.
Garnish with chopped coriander once ready.
- Mango-Sprout Salad: Cook the sprouts in boiling water for about 10 mins (until tender and crunchy) drain the water once cooked and let it cool down.
- Now add 1 chopped onion, 1 bell pepper, and 1 mango (cut into small cubes)
- Add a dash of salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tbsp red chili flakes.
- Add 1 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp hot sauce, and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix all well
Serve the lamb chops with the salad on the side. It is as simple as it sounds and is really tasty. Cook to impress and add variety to your low-calorie meals. Let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.