Spaghetti, traditional Italian cuisine is one of the most liked food items across the world. It is not only easy to cook but it opens a wide range of cooking ideas with different sauces, vegetables, and meat. I have made this speedy spaghetti with one of my favorite fruit which is Pumpkin and added Chickpea for the extra crunch. I also made some Purée on the side by blending roasted pumpkin and chickpea together with a piece of roasted chicken breast and a Grapefruit Soda, however, you can simply make the spaghetti without any sides 🙂
1 medium-size Onion
4-5 Cherry Tomatoes
Handful Spinach Leaves (optional)
2 Garlic Clove
3tbsp Cooking Cream
Seasoning (any dry herb, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, lemon juice/vinegar, and sriracha or hot sauce)
Garnish (grated parmesan cheese and spring onion, optional)
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water with a dash of salt and oil for about 10 minutes or follow the instructions on the packet. Once cooked drain the water and drizzle some olive oil so that it does not become sticky.
- Meanwhile cut small cubes of Pumpkin. Drizzle some olive oil and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes. If you are not using an oven heat some oil in a pan and add the pumpkin cubes and seasoning, let it cook until tender
- (Once the pumpkin is ready keep a handful aside to make the purée, optional)
- In a pan add olive oil, minced garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds. Add diced onions and cook until soft and brown. Add the cooked pumpkin, chickpea, spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes slit in to halves. Add the cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle some salt, 1tbsp black pepper, 1/2tbsp chili flakes, 1tbsp dry herb, 1tbsp lemon juice or vinegar, 1tbsp sriracha or hot sauce and 1tbsp soy sauce. Toss all well and cook for about 2 minutes or less.
Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and spring onion.
Purée – Blend few cooked pieces of pumpkin, 2tbsp chickpea, 3tbsp cooking cream, olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic, until you get a creamy Purée. Serve with some roasted chicken on the side (optional).
Pumpkin and Chickpea Spaghetti is the best go-to dish if you are looking for a meat-free meal. The sweetness from the pumpkin and the hotness from the chili and hot sauce makes this dish very appetizing. Do let me know in the comments section if you like this easy recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.
Leave a Reply