Balsamic Vinegar itself is healthy and always recommended for any kind of salad dressing. In this recipe, I have marinated some chicken in balsamic vinegar which turned out to be a tasty decision. I used 3 simple vegetables for a nutty stir-fry such as White Crab Mushroom, Pak Choy, and Baby Corn. The combination of the balsamic chicken with these vegetables was a flavor-packed healthy meal and yet so easy to make. You can make use of any leftover vegetables you have at home. However, do not forget to add peanuts for that Thai nutty taste.
Calories – 280c
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Serves – 2
300gms Chicken Cubes
1/2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste (optional)
1 Tbsp. Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 Garlic Clove
2 Tbsp. Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Red Chili Flakes
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Corn Flour (mixed with 3 Tbsp water to thicken the sauce, optional)
1 Tbsp. Lemon/ Lime Juice
Handful Pak Choy, Baby Corn, and White Crab Mushrooms (or any veggies you have at home or would like to replace)
2 Tbsp. Peanuts (salted or unsalted)
Seasoning (salt and black pepper powder)
Garnish (white sesame seeds)
- Balsamic Chicken: Marinate the chicken for about 10 minutes or longer if you like with 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste, 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes, 1 Tbsp Black Pepper powder.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a saucepan, saute 1 chopped onion with 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste.
Add the marinated chicken with the leftover marinated sauce.
- Add water and salt to taste if needed and cook until the chicken is tender. At the end add the corn flour mixture for the sauce consistency, give it a good stir incorporating the sauce and chicken well. Garnish with white sesame seeds before serving.
- Nutty Stir-fry: In a saucepan heat a few drops of oil, add chopped garlic clove, add baby corns and white crab mushrooms. Saute until soft for about 3 minutes.
- Add pak choy, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp red chili flakes, and 2 Tbsp peanuts. Give it a good stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
Dress the plate with this tangy and delicious balsamic chicken and add the nutty stir-fry on the side. A perfect dish for weight watchers. Please do let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the home page.