Macaroni soup originated in Italy. Adding macaroni to your soup makes the soup richer. I have made a simple seasoned soup with lamb broth, lamb chunks, carrot, and potato, perfect for the winters. The reason I have used fewer spices is that the meat has a lot of flavors itself. You can add any meat and vegetables you like. This recipe is really quick and made with basic ingredients that you will always have in your kitchen. I have made this soup in a pressure cooker, as it takes less time for the meat to cook. You can use a normal vessel too. However, the cooking time may vary.
Calories – 250c per bowl
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
Serving – 2
200gms Lamb Chunks (medium-size)
1 medium-size Carrot
1 medium-size Potato
3 Green Chilies
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 Bay Leaf
Seasoning (salt, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, and red chili flakes)
Garnish (chopped spring onion and cilantro/coriander)
- Marinate the lamb chunks with 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 Tbsp black pepper powder, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice, for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add the lamb chunks. Cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 bay leaf, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, medium size pieces of carrot, and potato, and give to a good stir.
- Add 1 Tsp black pepper powder, 1 Tsp red chili flakes, a pinch of cinnamon and salt to taste.
Add 3 cups water and cook on a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the macaroni (uncooked), Close the pressure cooker lid, and cook until 3 whistles or until the meat is done (approx 10minutes). Open the pressure cooker carefully, check if all vegetables and meat are cooked. The macaroni should be nice and fluffy by this time.
- Garnish with a handful of chopped cilantro/coriander and spring onions just before serving.
Enjoy this delicious soup with a piece of baguette or just as it is. Do let me know if you like this recipe and share more ideas with me via contact me on the homepage.
Leave a Reply